ASCA – Asia-Pacific Social Circus Association – is a new association for social circus programs throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
ASCA, based in Jakarta, Indonesia, intends to be a meaningful source of information and resources for those who support arts and education, and personal development, for young people across the region.
ASCA will also be working to establish a volunteers exchange program and plans to host conferences and events across where members can meet and participate in the exchange of knowledge, skills and training.
Founding members of ASCA include Dan Roberts of the Red Nose Foundation, Richard Barber from the Makhampom Theatre Group, Travis Johnson of the Vancouver Circus School, and Jerry Snell from Circus Action International.
Membership during 2013 is free and will give members access to:
- Networking opportunities;
- Volunteer exchange program;
- A quarterly newsletter with news and updates about member groups;
- Up-to-date information about grant opportunities;
- Access to ASCA organized events and training seminars;
- Exposure to potential sponsors