Are you an experienced professional circus artist/teacher with a mastery of specific circus skills?
Are you interested in taking a year-long trek to three developing countries across Asia?
Are you passionate and energetic enough to use your circus skills to spread joy and levity to underprivileged and at-risk communities?
Then apply to ASCA’s Volunteer Program!
Have a 12-month volunteering trip across Asia and gain indelible memories, unforgettable experiences, and life-long friends along the way!
The volunteer program will begin in the first half of 2015!
In order to be able to participate in this program, applicants must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a professional circus artist / teacher.
- Have five-year experience of working in circus-based organizations.
- Have five-year experience of working with children.
- Have strong passion, energy (mental and physical), and willingness to work in social circus causes.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with and respect for diversity.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn about the role of social circus in peace and development.
- Be willing to take a plunge into the environment of Third World underprivileged communities, which can be a little harsh.
- Have internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Word or other word processor software (volunteers are required to write about their experiences periodically for the ASCA Blog).
- Experience in volunteering a strong asset.
- Experience in non – formal education an asset.
During the volunteer program, ASCA will cover the following expenses:
- Room & board (with a minimum standard of comfort)
- Local transportation
- 3 (three) meals per day or an equivalent stipend
- Monthly stipend based on each country’s standard minimum wage
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- International travel expenses, approx. $2,200 – $2,600 (depends on the volunteers’ domicile) for 1 year worth of travelling
- Required vaccinations
- Visa expenses
APPLY NOW! Download the following form, complete it, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Volunteers who pass the selection process will be subject to rigorous background check.