ASCA seeks qualified circus performers to join three of its members as volunteer for 12 months!
One of the needs most often voiced by ASCA member organizations are qualified volunteers – individuals highly trained in the techniques and arts of circus and is willing to take a plunge into the world of deprived communities in the Third World to help them build dreams.
If you think you can answer this need, apply to our volunteer program and have a 12-month volunteering trip across three social circus organizations in Asia: Red Nose Foundation (Indonesia), Phare Ponleu Selpak (Cambodia), and Mobile Mini Circus for Children (Afghanistan)!
In order to be able to participate in this program, applicants must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a professional circus artist / teacher.
- Have five-year experience of working in circus-based organizations.
- Have five-year experience of working with children.
- Have strong passion, energy (mental and physical), and willingness to work in social circus causes.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with and respect for diversity.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn about the role of social circus in peace and development.
- Be willing to take a plunge into the environment of Third World underprivileged communities, which can be a little harsh.
- Have internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Word or other word processor software (volunteers are required to write about their experiences periodically for the ASCA Blog).
- Experience in volunteering a strong asset.
- Experience in non – formal education an asset.
During the volunteer program, ASCA will cover the following expenses:
- Room & board (with a minimum standard of comfort)
- Local transportation
- 3 (three) meals per day or an equivalent stipend
- Monthly stipend based on each country’s standard minimum wage
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- International travel expenses, approx. $2,200 – $2,600 (depends on the volunteers’ domicile) for 1 year worth of travelling
- Required vaccinations
- Visa expenses
REGISTER NOW! Download this form, complete it, and send it to email@example.com!
Volunteers who pass the selection process will be subject to rigorous background check.
Program will begin in first half of 2015!