Wanted: Volunteers in Afghanistan (Posted Aug 19, 2014)
The Mobile Mini Circus for Children (MMCC) in Afghanistan is preparing a show called The Greatest Show in Afghanistan, which will be held in September 2014.
The show is going to be a traveling circus show that will will bring joy and laughter to over 10,000 children in four provinces across Afghanistan. The kids have experienced enough war and the circus will surely be an inspiration to the whole country for making Afghanistan a happier place for children.
Preparation of the show includes putting together 20 of MMCC’s best circus artists and training them on various circus skills.
MMCC currently needs one to three volunteers to help them develop the show. They need either an individual or a team who could help put these 20 kids together with all their skills to make a spectacular show. The kids are very advanced in their skills but need help in making a story for the whole show and changing the performances from just athletic and technically strong to funny and amusing.
MMCC is able to cover all the food and accommodation in their center for volunteers taking part in this program.
To learn more about The Greatest Show in Afghanistan, please click this link.
If you are interested in joining the program, please e-mail them immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanted: Volunteers in Vermont (Posted July 7, 2013)
Champlain Valley Exposition is looking for volunteers for Circus Smirkus, Vermont’s award-winning youth circus, to help with ticketing, ushering, and others activities on July 9 and 10. For more information visit Burlington Free Press.
Urban Light is looking for a Director in Thailand (June 21, 2013)
The Urban Light Thailand Director will have strategic and operational responsibility for Urban Light’s Youth Centre, staff, volunteers, interns, programs and execution of its mission. Applications close July 19.
The winning candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversee daily operations of the Youth Center.
- Lead and manage all Urban Light Youth Center Staff, volunteers and interns, including recruitment, training, guidance, evaluation and development.
- Develop and direct the implementation of business strategy within Thailand and collaborate with the President and Founder on the broader Urban Light Strategic Plan.
- Oversee, monitor, evaluate and report on the quality standards and outcomes of all programs and services provided at Urban Light Youth Center, including the maintenance of the physical environment.
- Contribute to the development of reports as required by the President, Board and donors.
- Build and maintain productive relationships and partnerships with other NGOs, NFPs, churches, government and community-based organisations to leverage support for Urban Light.
- Manage the Thailand Urban Light Youth Center budget, paying, tracking and recording all expenses.
- Develop a strong rapport with client youth, participate in center-based activities regularly and attend outreach opportunities when applicable.
- Manage local donor initiatives and visiting groups to the Thailand Urban Light Youth Center.
- Adhere to the Child Protection Policy, related Health and Safety practices and all Urban Light Policies and Codes of Conduct.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of current trends and developments related to human trafficking, child slavery and commercial sexual exploitation.
For more information about the required skills and qualifications visit Idealist.org
Work with Circus Kathmandu and Sapana (Posted May 25, 2013)
Circus Kathmandu and Sapana, which works with street kids, kids at risk and trafficking survivors to build the next generation of Nepali circus artists, are looking for quality circus trainers to work with a group of talented young performers, many of who were rescued from trafficking into Indian circuses and are now working as professional circus artists and promoting ethical entertainment in the region.
Circus Kathmandu and Sapana are looking for acrobats, aerialists and other specialist trainers. Successful applicants will join a team of trainers, support volunteers and local creative directors (from nofitstate circus) to develop the performer’s skills and routines for a local and international market. Accommodation and food for volunteers are covered and volunteers are expected to stay for a minimum of 3 months.
Recruiting period: Mid July to Mid / end Oct 2013 and November 13 – January 14.
For more information visit www.circuskathmandu.com.
Performers Without Borders is Looking for Overseas Performing Arts Practitioners (Updated May 30, 2013) (See blog post also)
Performers Without Borders are looking for experienced and adventurous volunteers who can perform and teach a range of performance skills to travel to either India or Nicaragua on a 3 or 4 month PWB tour. Volunteers will be spending up to a month at a time with various groups of disadvantaged children in one of these countries, teaching the children and performing in the local area with various partner organizations.
Location: India or Nicaragua
Duration: 3 – 4 Months (India 4, Nicaragua 3)
Dates: Start Jan – April 2014, exact dates TBC
Job Description: We are looking for experienced and adventurous volunteers who can perform and teach a range of performance skills to travel to either India or Nicaragua on a 3 or 4 month PWB tour. Volunteers will be spending up to a month at a time with various groups of disadvantaged children in one of these countries, teaching the children and performing in the local area with various partner organizations.
Auditions and Training: Auditions will be held on 27th July, and will run from 12 – 5pm. PWB will be running two separate training weekends for the 2014 tours. These are on the 31st August/1st September and 7th/8th September
Tour Dates: Tours begin in the first week of January, and last until the end of April at the latest.
PWB candidates must demonstrate the following:
- A mid to high level of skill in one or more circus skill or performance art
- Experience teaching to mixed groups of children and young people
- Experience of creating and performing shows
- Experience living/volunteering overseas
- Experience of working in a team/touring
- Experience of coordinating travel logistics
- Experience of creating/editing short videos
- Experience writing blogs/social media
- Mid to high-level skills in 3 or more circus / performance arts.
- Experience in working with multiple partner organisations.
All candidates must fill out an online application form. Please visit http://performerswithoutborders.org.uk/volunteer for more information and to apply.
Urban Light organization is Now Hiring (Posted May 22, 2013)
UrbanLight, a grassroots organization in Thailand dedicated to helping boys who are victims of trafficking and exploitation, is looking for a Youth Worker who will: teach English and life skills classes, plan and organize excursions and educational activities, field trips and volunteer work for UL youth.
The successful applicant will: Make a two-year minimum commitment; Be fluent in English and Thai; Have experience teaching and working with at-risk youth; Be creative, high energy, optimistic, and have the desire to empower youth; Have knowledge of computers, internet and social media; Have a desire to change and empower lives
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Phare Ponleu Selpak employment and volunteer opportunities (Posted May 5)
Phare Ponleu Selpak (PPS) is a cultural organization in Battambang, Cambodia, that works with young people and offers them a way out of poverty by training them to become professional artists and performers. PSS currently has number of spots to fill for people with various different skills. For more information about PPS, visit their website. For more information about the job opportunities listed below, contact PPS on firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Communication and advertising officer (internship – from May 2013)
2. Executive Director’s secretary (from July 2013)
3. Performing Arts Administrator (from December 2013)
4. Performing Arts Administrator’s assistant (immediately)
5. Performing Arts secretary (immediately)
6. Bar manager (immediately)
7. English teacher – native mother tongue (volunteership – immediately)
8. Visual Arts School Administrator (from July 2013)
9. Graphic Design teacher (from September 2013)
10. 2D Animation teacher (from September 2013)
MTV EXIT Employment Opportunities (Posted April 25, 2013)
MTV EXIT aims to increase awareness and prevention of human trafficking through television programs, online content, live events, and partnerships with anti-trafficking organizations. MTV EXIT is currently seeking candidates for the role of Campaign Coordinator in the following countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines and Thailand.
Campaign Coordinators report to the MTV EXIT Youth Engagement Manager at the Headquarter Office in Bangkok, Thailand and will be responsible for maintaining, building and nurturing relationships and partnerships with a variety of important stakeholders; primarily youth networks across the country, as well as creative and media agencies, broadcasters, corporations and non-governmental organisations.
For more information about MTV EXIT and its employment opportunities visit their website.